There are different types of visas depending on the purpose of your travel to Belgium. If you are planning to visit, study or start contracting and reside permanently in Belgium you will have to apply for a different Belgium Schengen Visa since Belgium as an EU Member State also became a member state of the Schengen Area.
General required documents for a Belgian Schengen Visa Application
- First option is to Download the application form and complete thoroughly. Second option is to fill the Schengen Visa application form electronically and then print a hard-copy.
- Attach 2 photos (passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background). Learn more about photo requirements and specifications for a Belgian Visa.
- Your passport and copies of your previous visas (valid for at least 3 months beyond return date) are required.
- Travel health insurance confirmation of minimum €30,000 coverage within Belgium and the entire Schengen area.
- A cover letter stating the purpose of your visit to Belgium and an itinerary.
- Hotel Booking for the whole duration of your intended stay in Belgium.
- Flight Itinerary with dates and flight numbers specifying actual entry and exit from Belgium.
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, death certificate of spouse, birth certificate of children, ration card if applicable).
- Means of subsistence (proof of sufficient financial means for the period of your stay).
If you are employed, please attach:
- Leave permission from employer,
- Employment contract,
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months,
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary.
If you are self-employed, please attach:
- A copy of your business license,
- Company bank statement of the last 6 months,
- Income Tax Return (ITR).
Apart from the general documentation required, also additional documents depending on the purpose of your Belgian Visa application might be required.